With everything quickly migrating to digital because of the pandemic, today’s consumers lean on search engines to find what they need in a snap of a finger, from restaurant recommendations to stock information.
This means that whatever your industry is and what your business offers, your audience is constantly on search engines like Google to find products or services like yours. Making it more important than ever to ensure that your business can be found online.
This impacts your business directly. If you want to attract them to your page to entice a purchase, you need search engine optimization.
A lot of business owners put off building their SEO. This is to your advantage! But how do you do it? We’ll breakdown how SEO works and why it is so important to increase your online visibility.
How does SEO work?
Search Engine Optimization is made up of multiple strategies, planning, and best practices all with one goal of improving your website’s ranking in search engines.
There are two types of SEO: on-page and off-page. On-page SEO involves things you can control on your own website such as site speed, keyword presence, design, content, and so on. While off-page SEO consists of anything done on other websites that influences your position such as links leading to your website or blogs talking about your brand and linking back to you.
It does not happen overnight. Knowledge of SEO and the right combination of tactics and implementation of desired on- and off-page SEO factors is crucial in optimizing your website and ranking high in search engines. The website with the most pages, most links, most visitors, or best design is not necessarily the #1 site. Their overall performance determines who comes out on top.
Why is it important?
- Users trust search engines and getting the top spot tells your audience that your website is a credible source and the top match for what they searched. The higher you rank on the results page, the more clicks and traffic your site will get, which means a higher possibility for a purchase to happen.
- SEO involves creating a website that prioritizes user experience. A responsive website increases the chance for customers to become repeat buyers.
- SEO is cost-effective and a great way to drive meaningful traffic to your site without directly paying for it.
- 50% of marketing experts believe that it is the most effective digital marketing strategy since it is budget-friendly and measurable.
- Your SEO is something you can control. You can control how many visitors come to your website which impacts your leads and sales. If you invest in your SEO, it is an investment in its visibility and profitability. Which directly impacts the online growth of your business.
- It is unlikely that it will lose importance anytime soon making your efforts become relevant for a long time. However, the SEO industry is always changing, forcing you to constantly research and be updated on industry trends.
SEO requires a lot of expertise and work to see significant results. But with the benefits it offers and being cost-efficient, it’s definitely worth investing in it. Big names in the industry partnered with SEO agencies who fully understand their business. They come up with solutions designed to help the brand reach more people and earn more revenue.
If you’re looking for an SEO partner who will help you get to the top of the search engine rankings, go to guerillacreativemarketing.com. With a team of search engine optimization experts, we offer a full range of SEO Services for all businesses including SEO Audit, On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO, Content SEO, eCommerce SEO, WordPress SEO, and link building, so that you could focus on your what matters.